Thursday, January 11, 2007

Brrrr..Winter has finally arrived, but no snow yet!



Mother Nature finally reminded us it was January in Maine. A few days ago the temps dropped into the 10-20 degree range at night. We certainly welcome dogs sharing the bed when it's this cold! As you can see, even couch space is at a premium. Pictured (l-r) Chase, Lindsay and Brenton--a pretty tight fit as they range from 60 to 125 pounds each. Abby is just below Brenton on the floor. Mickey is probably in another chair--he has never slept on the floor--ever.
Lindsay is doing great in her obedience class--in just two weeks she has mastered sit and down and is doing recalls regularly. I never will say a dog has "mastered" recalls because I don't think it is ever a flawless command. She is alert, willing and friendly to everyone she meets. Still a little introverted at first, but warms up very quickly, especially if someone has a yummy treat to offer her. The second photo here is one I like to call "St. Leo" or as we call him "Mr. B" or Brenton. Isn't he adorable? I just was amazed that the photographer got him to sit still (I wasn't there, so I don't know if he hypnotized him or something). As you can see, my group photos involve sleepy time.
Check out my new offerings for the year so far. I added a Celtic Knot line of trims at the request of a Leonberger owner--so unique!! Plus a cute ladybug trim, an alligator trim is coming soon, as well as one with terriers.
I will be busily preparing for the Bernese Mountain Dog National Specialty in Louisville, KY this year. "Show for the Roses" is the theme, and I plan to have lots of Edelweiss collars available again, plus lots of new "stuff".
Till next time,

1 Comments:

At January 17, 2007 12:16 AM, Blogger administration said...

Oh, what a doll. I wish I could get Zoey to sit still long enough to take a picture like that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home